Antigua is an excellent family holiday destination, with plenty to occupy visitors of all ages. Many of the 365 beaches are protected by reefs, ensuring that the water lapping the white stretch of sand is calm and suitable for swimming. Families can swim with stingrays, go ziplining through the rainforest, visit nearby Barbuda, and take part in a vast array of water sports.
Many of the luxury resorts we feature in Antigua have excellent kids’ clubs, while teens’ clubs organise activities for those slightly older children.
These are some of our favourite excursions in Antigua for families:
– Discover Antigua’s history on a Jeep safari, where you visit many of the island’s top tourist attractions with a local guide, travelling off-road at times so you can enjoy the very best views.
– Explore by kayak – travel through mangroves, visit small islands just off the coast of Antigua and snorkel over coral reefs.
– Go on an excursion to Stingray City, where after a short boat ride families can pet stingrays, swim with tropical fish and snorkel over a colourful coral reef. The sandy seabed and shallow, calm and clear waters make this the perfect day out for all ages.
– Embark on a journey over the rainforest on a canopy zip line tour, taking in the unforgettable views from above the trees. An ideal activity for families with teenage children, there is a choice of four tour which each includes a series of zip lines, suspension bridges and aerial walkways.
Favourite for families: Carlisle Bay
Carlisle Bay is chic five-star resort that caters well for families in search of luxury, with outstanding accommodation options and child-friendly facilities. The resort is set on a sweeping bay on the undeveloped south of the island against a backdrop of rolling hills and tropical rainforest.
Accommodation for families is in Beach Balcony or Beach Terrace Suites, both with a bedroom and open plan sitting area as well as a twin-bedded room for children and a balcony or terrace which faces the sea.
The children’s club is known as ‘Cool Kids’ and caters for children aged from 6 months to 6 years old, organising activities including treasure hunts and arts and crafts. Children aged 7 – 12 years old can attend ‘Crew Blue’, taking part in complimentary activities such as raft building and five-aside football, while an action-packed programme is available for teenagers.
Other facilities include tennis courts where coaching is available, a water sports centre which offers sailing, kayaking and scuba diving, an indoor cinema which regularly screens movies and an excellent spa. Dining is varied and caters well for different tastes, offering informal options as well as fine dining.
2016 offers & prices!
– Book by 30 November 2016 for stays during October and November to save 40% in Garden and Ocean Suites, 30% in Beach Balcony Suites and 25% in Beach Terrace and Bay Suites. Plus, receive reduced rates for the fully inclusive supplement. Blackout dates apply.
7 nights in November 2016 from £6260 per family including flights, transfers and bed and breakfast. Based on two adults and 2 children sharing a Beach Balcony Suite.
7 nights in December 2016 from £7690 per family including flights, transfers and bed and breakfast. Based on two adults and 2 children sharing a Beach Balcony Suite.
2017 offers & prices!
– Book by 30 November 2016 to save 40% for stays in Ocean and Beach Balcony Suites or 20% for stays in other room categories between 25 April – 30 November 2017.
– Two children aged 12 and under eat free of charge when staying with parents in a Beach Suite or Carlisle Suite on an all-inclusive basis. Valid for stays of at least 4 nights between 25 April – 30 November 2017.
7 nights in May 2017 from £9050 per family on an all-inclusive basis or from £6560 per family on a bed and breakfast basis. Price includes flights and transfers and is based on two adults and 2 children under 12 sharing a Beach Balcony Suite.
Call us on 01752 880880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your family holiday to Antigua.
Photos provided by Antigua & Barbuda Tourism Authority.