Discover Carlisle Bay, a chic yet family-friendly resort in Antigua! Set beside a stunning beach against a backdrop of rolling hills and tropical rainforest, the 5 star property is perfect for couples or families in search of luxury.
Read on to find out more about holidays to Carlisle Bay. PLUS, book by 28 February to save up to 40% for stays at Carlisle Bay between 4 January – 14 December 2018, , while two children receive a free upgrade to all-inclusive during summer 2018.
About Carlisle Bay
Accommodation is in 82 spacious and contemporary suites, all with sea views through the floor-to-ceiling windows which lead out onto a private terrace.
The resort has four restaurants, offering everything from adults-only dining on the beach to wood-fired pizzas by the pool, some with special menus for children. An especially romantic option is East, renowned as being one of Antigua’s best restaurants and serving a delicious range of Asian dishes. Four bars provide a range of spaces to relax with a drink throughout the day and night.
Facilities at Carlisle Bay include an award-winning spa, fitness centre, beauty salon, library room and cinema which regularly screens movies. There is also a peaceful yoga pavilion in the classes where yoga, pilates and dance classes are held, or more active guests can take advantage of the five tennis courts with coaching available. The water sports centre offers a range of complimentary non-motorised activities including kayaking and windsurfing, while motorised water sports such as waterskiing and wakeboarding are chargeable and take place in a neighbouring cove. Scuba diving courses are also available for all ages, or guests can learn to sail or improve their skills on board a 40ft keelboat.
Family holidays to Carlisle Bay
Carlisle Bay is perfect for families in search of luxury, offering outstanding accommodation options and child-friendly facilities including free activity programmes for children.
Families are best accommodated in Beach Balcony Suites or Beach Terrace Suites, both with a bedroom and open plan sitting area as well as a twin-bedded room for children and a balcony or terrace which faces the sea. Some of the Garden Suites and Ocean Suites interconnect while the Carlisle Suites are the most spacious options and consist of three en-suite bedrooms.
The children’s club is known as ‘Cool Kids’ and caters for children aged from 6 months to 6 years old (complimentary for children aged 2 years and over), organising activities including treasure hunts and arts and crafts. Children aged 7 – 12 years old can attend ‘Crew Blue’, taking part in complimentary activities such as raft building and five-aside football, while an action-packed programme is available for teenagers.
Antigua itself is a superb destination for family holidays, with plenty to occupy visitors of all ages. Many of the 365 beaches are protected by reefs, ensuring that the water lapping the white stretch of sand is calm and suitable for swimming.
These are some of our favourite excursions in Antigua for families:
- Go on an excursion to Stingray City, where after a short boat ride visitors can pet stingrays, swim with tropical fish and snorkel over a colourful coral reef. The sandy seabed and shallow, calm and clear waters make this the perfect day out for all ages.
- Enjoy a day out on the water – kayak through mangroves, visit small islands just off the coast of Antigua and snorkel over coral reefs.
- Discover Antigua’s history on a Jeep safari, where you visit many of the island’s top tourist attractions with a local guide, travelling off-road at times so you can enjoy the very best views.
- Zip line over the rainforest, taking in the unforgettable views from above the trees. An ideal activity for families with teenage children, there is a choice of four tours which each includes a series of zip lines, suspension bridges and aerial walkways.
- Book by 28 February 2018 to save up to 40% for stays between 4 January – 14 December 2018 in all room categories excluding Carlisle Suites.
- Adults receive reduced rates for all-inclusive for stays between 16 April – 30 November 2018.
- Up to two children aged 2 – 12 years old receive a free upgrade to all-inclusive for stays in a Beach Suite between 16 April – 14 December 2018.
Special offers are included in sample prices.
Ocean Suite: from £1765 per person bed & breakfast or from £3015 per person all-inclusive.
Bay Suite: from £2320 per person bed & breakfast or from £3570 per person all-inclusive.
Sample prices are for 7 nights based on two sharing the room mentioned above, including return flights (London Gatwick to Antigua) and transfers. Based on 1 May 2018 departure.
Beach Balcony Suite: from £5550 per family bed & breakfast or from £8070 per family all-inclusive.
Beach Terrace Suite: from £7010 per family bed & breakfast or from £9530 per family all-inclusive.
Sample prices are for 7 nights based on two adults and two children under the age of 12 sharing the room mentioned above, including return flights (London Gatwick to Antigua) and transfers. Based on 1 May 2018 departure.
Prices are for travel in low season, are based on two sharing and include current special offers (as of 10 January 2018) – these are a guide only, contact us for a tailor made quotation. Conditions apply for all special offers including blackout dates, book by dates and minimum stays.
Call us on 01752 880880 or email email@example.com to discuss your next holiday to the Caribbean – all our holidays are tailor-made so we can put together a suggestion including the best flights and hotels for you.
We offer fully bonded and protected holidays, whether booked with flights via our ATOL 5615 or for accommodation only holidays with our ABTA Y5401. This means you can rest assured that your Tropic Breeze holiday is safe and secure.