With young people moving further from their hometowns for love or their dream career, and annual leave limited, it can be hard to prioritise a family holiday over making the sometimes-long journey to visit parents and in-laws! For this reason, multi-generational travel is becoming increasingly popular.
The benefits of travelling together can include an extra pair of hands and eyes during the sometimes-lengthy journey, overall reduction on the total cost and the option of familiar childcare so you and your significant other can enjoy a night off. That being said you must consider the varying interests and more importantly energy levels that will differ between a toddler and their grandparent!
The term multi-generational travel could seem daunting and conjure up images of 10-20 family members descending on what was intended to be a quiet relaxing resort, however this doesn’t need to be the case. It could be grandmother, daughter and granddaughter spending a week at a spa resort like Mirihi Island Resort in the Maldives; grandfather, son and grandson on a golfing break at CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Antigua; or indeed all together with extended family on a villa holiday in Barbados such as Sunset Reach in St Peter.
Of course, another option especially for those with work commitments and childcare restrictions is for the grandparents to travel with their grandchildren whilst the parents stay at home. Although, it is important to check specific requirements of the country to which you are travelling as some airports may require you to present evidence of your relationship to the child or documents explaining the reason for travel, especially if surnames differ.
When choosing a destination and resort suitable for the whole family, it is important to be on the same page with the type of holiday everyone is looking for and prioritise the things that are essential. For example: kids club, activities and entertainment? water sports, gym facilities and excursions? on-site pool and spa facilities? Does your resort need to be in a location where you can explore the area and experience the local culture and history; or would you prefer have enough activities on offer that you don’t need to leave at all?
The islands of the Caribbean and the Maldives offer something for everyone! Here we have handpicked some of our favourites to inspire you when researching your next family holiday. Tropic Breeze specialise in creating holidays to resorts we know and love. We maintain a close relationship with each hotel, allowing us to offer you the very best deals. If you would like further information on any of the properties mentioned or a quote, you can call us on 01752 880 880 or email [email protected]
▪ Family Friendly ▪ Luxury resort ▪ Gourmet food ▪ Golf Available ▪
▪ Pool ▪ Diving ▪ Water Sports ▪ Spa ▪ Kid’s Club ▪
▪ Family Friendly ▪ Infinity Pool ▪ Diving ▪ Water Sports ▪ Spa ▪
▪ Tennis Courts ▪ Kids Stay Free ▪ Children’s Pool ▪
▪ Family Friendly ▪ Fitness Centre ▪ Beach + Pool Service ▪ Dine Around ▪
▪ Water Sports ▪ Kids Club ▪ Golf ▪
▪ Family Friendly ▪ Beachfront Hotel ▪ Spa ▪ Adult Only Pool ▪
▪ Water Sports ▪ Kids Club ▪ Fitness Classes ▪
▪ Family Friendly ▪ Beachfront Property ▪ Luxury Resort ▪ Spa ▪
▪ Diving ▪ Water Sports ▪ Babysitting ▪ Tennis Coaching ▪
▪ Family Friendly ▪ Luxury Resort ▪ Yachting ▪ Spa ▪ Infinity Pools ▪
▪ Kids Programme ▪ Eco-Friendly ▪ Water Sports ▪
▪ Family Friendly ▪ Luxury Resort ▪ Nightclub ▪ Spa ▪ Infinity Pools ▪
▪ Kids Club ▪ Dive Centre ▪ Water Sports ▪ Tennis ▪
Tropic Breeze offer fully bonded and protected holidays, whether booked with flights via our ATOL 5615 or for accommodation only holidays with our ABTA Y5401. This means you can rest assured that your Tropic Breeze holiday is safe and secure.
Prices include special offers valid on 13 June 2019, based on 2 adults sharing the room category and the board basis mentioned. Other dates and upgrades available.